Thursday, October 1, 2009

Trauma Pilot lacked trauma

I liked the first 25 minutes of the show. I don't know if I'd really want to watch a lot of it...cause there were some pretty intense moments: a helicopter crash that killed a man on route to the hospital, as well as some paramedics and pilots; a pile up caused by a moron texting on his blackberry; a 12 year old boy getting shrapnal in his throat from an explosion. I was terrified that the boy might die, that something truly awful might happen.

It didn't. At least, we didn't see much that was horrible. Sure, the explosions got my heart going, but it didn't last. They didn't play the aftermath for all they could have, and so I didn't stay as intently connected.

But despite those first 25 minutes, and the potential they might have shown for the show, the next 17 were dry and boring. All character development, the most exciting moment was when Rabbit (the helicopter pilot who survived the crash mentioned above) drove around as if he was Steve McQueen in Bullet. He took the door off a man's car, as well as a finger of that man's hand. But that was hardly enough in a show called Trauma.

It may get cancelled...I may still tune in next week....but next time, if I feel like the show should have ended after 25 minutes, I'm going to turn it off.
Here's a hint! Intersperse your trauma with your character/storyline stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment