Sunday, September 27, 2009

Vampire Diaries, Friday Night Bites

I am beginning to get into and truly enjoy the Vampire Diaries. Still not able to take as far a step back to make fun of itself as I'd like, but that's okay. I guess the titles (such as Friday Night Bites) are enough of that eye-rolling jokiness.

The more I watch, the more I like Damon and the more help I think Stefan needs... By the end of the episode, they got into yet another brotherly confrontation about Damon acting all evil and Stefan trying to act all human. Stefan again got the advantage. He had discovered Damon's little secret - that some humanity remained. Damon was unable to kill Stefan, unable to kill Elena. He could still feel for the people around him. Unsurprisingly, Damon's response was to kill the football coach (and history teacher) who had just come out to find Stefan for the game. And there, Stefan again fumbled. Oh, Damon can't possibly have any humanity left if he can kill some random person he's never met and who we knew to be something of a prick.
Damon still couldn't kill Stefan or Elena, but he'll refuse to see that humanity in himself. He'll push it down by killing random people in the town. I will be interested to see if he ever kills someone that really matters, to Stefan or Elena. That would be impressive.

And I am glad he killed Mr Tanner. The guy had serious issues, getting into a competition with one of his students to see who knew historical dates best? I mean, come on. How childish do you have to be? Damon did us all a favour by getting rid of him.

Do you think Damon could be turned to good? Or would you rather he embrace his wickedness.

No comments:

Post a Comment