Friday, October 2, 2009

Melrose Place - Vine, S01E04

Melrose Place will stay on the roster another week...but don't think it's in the clear. If it annoys or simply becomes to much work, I won't bother. But for now, I will continue to watch and review.

The show earned this extension by finally making me believe in Riley and Jonah's relationship. For once, they didn't fight and make up, instead they acted like a real couple. Invited to a movie premiere directed by Jonah's film school buddy, Riley showed me a side that I could actually like. She worked the room and made connections with important producers, which will hopefully lead to a break for Jonah. That is what a fiancee is supposed to be like. I wish the writers had started the couple more like this because if they keep it up, I may actually be sad when they break up. I may still be around to watch it.

Also, I still love Katie Cassidy's Ella. She has such spunk and fire, and yet she does not have control of every room she walks into. She tries and she rarely gives up power, but she can lose. It made it all the more worthwhile when she stood up to Jane to give her actor client the dress she wanted. She felt cornered, she wanted to do what was going to help her, but she chose to be a publicist first.
Plus, then we got a pretty awesome scene between David and Ella. Shaun Sipos has really grown on me, I guess he just had a bad week with the pilot because I don't find his acting attrocious anymore. He and Cassidy work very well together, their characters being cut from the same cloth and, therefore, having an understanding of the internal machinations of the other.

I also enjoy following Lauren's decent. I still haven't felt that she really tried any other option to get money, but at least this will be a plot that's going to last a long time. Might even continue to affect her until the end of the series, with ex-john's appearing at the hospital and continually threatening whatever sense of normalcy she acquires.

And crazy Violet is just getting more and more insane, which is entertaining to say the least.

So, if it continues to deliver this level of mediocrity, I'll stick around another week. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment