Monday, July 19, 2010

Eureka - A New World, S04E02

Eureka's new timeline and changes continue to add new and fantastic dimension and life to a show that I already loved. We remember the original timeline, as do our leads, and so we get to discover the new world as they do, with as much surprise and delight.

Although I am still a little confused over the information lost in what must have been an editing error, I think I've got this clear. Tess (Jamie Ray Newman) and Jack (Colin Ferguson) originally stayed together when she moved to Australia. The relationship stopped functioning over the course of the year she was there, and they broke up. Now, instead of that deterioration, Tess remembers she and Jack being happy in Eureka over that time and Jack's resurfacing feelings for Allison (Salli Richardson-Whitfield) have no place here.

To me it actually seems as though everyone else is better off in this universe. Henry (Joe Morton) is married to a brilliant woman who seems to understand him and his dedication to his work, Jo (Erica Cerra) is no longer deputy but head of security at GD, and Fargo (Neil Grayston) is the head of GD itself. The few difficulties, such as Jo no longer being with Zane (Niall Matter), can actually be overcome. The love they once had, they could have again (and I really hope that does happen).

And despite all the new colour, the premise remains the same. Jack is still forced at the end of the day to save the town from yet another insane project gone wrong.
Love it.

1 comment:

  1. I did indeed enjoy it meself. I was saddened by poor Jo's loss. See even I have a romantic bone in my body!
    ~A

    ReplyDelete