Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Chuck - Chuck vs the Tic Tac, S03E10

I've been requesting, even demanding, a Casey (Adam Baldwin)-centric episode for the entirety of the third season, and when they finally give it to me, it ends like this? Argh!

Don't get me wrong, I loved the Casey-centricness. He did what he had to to save a woman he once loved, he disguised himself and coerced/convinced Morgan (Joshua Gomez) to do his bidding, and he kicked serious butt and killed the man who had not only corrupted his former master, but was also threatening his former fiancee. Plus we finally got to find out about his past - not only did he have a fiancee, but she was pregnant (and he didn't know), so he has a daughter! And I bet she's awesome and wants to be just like her dad.

Getting to see and learn all that made it worth it, despite Casey having suddenly begun trimming his bonsai again, which I don't remember him doing since he allowed his inner anger out, and Casey having called a woman he referred to as his mother and calling himself John-boy in the Christmas episode of Season 2. What was that all about??

But now, Casey is no longer in the army? He's a civilian? That gives me very little confidence that the lack of Casey I was feeling before this episode is going to go away. If Casey no longer goes on missions, how often will we get to see him?

So what did you think? Did you love it, or was your affection for the episode compromised, as mine was, by the seeming result that we will get even less Casey from here on out?

No comments:

Post a Comment