Thursday, March 18, 2010

Caprica - The Imperfections of Memory, S01E07

The Imperfections of Memory...nice title. I often with that the imperfections of my memory could transform Caprica into the show I want it to be.

I can't even say for sure why I continue to watch the show - perhaps in the hopes that Peter Wingfield will have another cameo? It certainly lacks the qualities which bring one back again and again. I seem to realize that Caprica's been on, so I watch it, and then I think that it did not meet the expectations I had for it.

I still think that part of the reason it is not meeting my expectations is that it is not giving me any. I have no idea where the plot is going. I am not sure what religious beliefs I am supposed to be questioning or considering, and I am equally unsure about what sort of social commentary is being made, or how it is relevant to me.

I do enjoy Polly Walker as Sister Clarice, though how anyone who does not know her can recognize her as a member of the cloth, I cannot tell - her clothes and hair have nothing singular about them. And Paula Malcomson's Amanda Greystone is becoming more interesting, as she risks going insane for a second time due to grief. But what is the point of her being crazy? What will that achieve?

I need motivation, I need a goal. I need to want something to happen in the next episode, and I don't even care if Joseph Adama (Esai Morales) finds his daughter in V-world. If you watch, please tell me why!

No comments:

Post a Comment