Friday, June 25, 2010

Miami Medical - Down to the Bone, S01E12

With only one episode remaining, I just have to say that it SUCKS that this show hasn't been picked up. It makes me laugh and smile, and then in makes me cringe. I care about the victims and I want them to live, but the task of saving them is made difficult enough that I don't feel that their survival is a given, and, in some episodes, it is not.

For instance, after Proctor (Jeremy Northam) saved the life of a man in this week's episode, we know that that same man is going to continue welding, a practice which is slowly poisoning him to death. Apparently they thought his father had Parkinson's disease, but instead had the same thing he now has, but he's going to continue in that line of work and allow himself to deteriorate with Parkinson's-like symptoms. Now that is heavy!

Meanwhile, you have Dr. C (Mike Vogel) acting against orders, descending into an unstable sinkhole to amputate a man's leg so that he can be saved. Chris has a mad saviour complex to be doing what he did, not only going in there in the first place, but staying after he broke his wrist because he knew if he left the man he was attending would die. When he cut the rope the search and rescue team had attached to him so that they couldn't pull him up, I was both joyous and terrified at the risk.

All I can say is that next week, in the finale, we better get something happening between Chris and Eva (Lana Parrilla) which is more than just fantastic chemistry. I am always one for advocating that a man and a woman can be friends without there being anything more there, but it is SO obvious that both Chris and Eva are in love with each other that I will simply argue my point about Eva and Proctor, or Serena (Elisabeth Harnois) and Chris.

That said, if I ever end up dying in a sink hole, I want Dr. Chris Deleo to come save me, and possibly marry me too. You?

No comments:

Post a Comment