Tuesday, April 20, 2010

V - John May, S01E07

I have not yet given up on V yet, but I am still waiting to be wowed. The potential is there, the characters are there, the creepy aliens are there...but somehow it still hasn't come together to make a great show. Then again, it took Stargate Universe 10 episodes before it started to work, so I'm not giving up.

What I liked about the episode:
- We learnt that John May (portrayed by BSG hottie Michael Trucco - so excited about his upcoming stint on Castle) has been dead these last 10 years. The slogan John May Lives is about the ideas he spread.
- Better than learning that John May was dead was learning that Ryan (Morris Chestnut) killed him. Not before he had been too affected by his words and by emotions. Reminded me a lot of Equilibrium and Sean Bean and Christian Bale.
- Georgie (David Richmond-Peck) survived Hell, but did not betray his allies. He then allowed his life to be taken so that they would not risk themselves to save him.

What I did not like:
- Anna's pregnancy confuses me. At first I thought she must have laid eggs. But then, it turns out that is not what happened, and that she was pregnant. And suddenly she is laying a whole bunch of eggs in a whirlpool? I mean, I guess that's not far off from how reptiles lay eggs, but either it was trying to be too scientifically exact, or it fell short of that mark, because I am sitting her not understanding proper V reproduction.
- Chad (Scott Wolf) and his revelation of doubts to Anna. He wants a bigger story that they are already giving him, or he's going to reveal what he has been learning about possible nefarious activities. Well, suddenly he's a bad guy, and a stupid one at that.
- Tyler's big secret was such a let down, and his parents are idiots. Especially his father. The reason they divorced is because husband suspected wife of cheating after doctor tests revealed that Tyler was not husband's son. If husband still loves Tyler as a son, he should not be talking about him as if he were not his son. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

So, will next week's episode lean towards what I like or towards what I think is stupid? We will have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment