Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Glee - Hell-O, S01E14

Oh, Glee, the most popular guilty pleasure available these days. Despite the months you were away, we all came flocking back the moment you returned, to enjoy so many things...but most of all Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch)'s comments about Will (Matthew Morrison)'s hair.

While the glory of the music and the hilarity were back in full force, I continue to wonder at the plot development. I mean, really? Is this what you were expecting to have happen when we came back? And do you understand the point? I will just continue to pretend that the music is really the only point, and so enjoy as I ignore the rest.

So what, if Rachel (Lea Michelle) and Finn (Cory Monteith) were suddenly dating. Finn was about as shocked about it as I was. Poor idiot. He's confused because he's not sure he's over Quinn (Dianna Agron), he goes out with the cheerleading bimbos to explore his options, and finally he realizes that he wants to be with Rachel, but it is too late because she's in love with someone else. I suppose Glee has never been a show that required proper time for story development.

I'm also going to ignore how I felt about Will and Emma (Jayma Mays) settling really quickly into a relationship, but then having Will make out with the vocal coach of Vocal Adrenaline (Idina Menzel). I mean, it just came across as cheating, even though it also helped indicate how confused Will was with his divorce and all. And was anyone else disturbed by the idea of him making out with someone who bears such a strong physical resemblance to Rachel?
And so now he and Emma aren't together so that he has a chance to find himself.

I did like the irony of Rachel being presented with the idea that if she did not find the love of her life by 16 she never would, while Will was getting over the mess that his life had become starting at age 15.

I also loved Jesse St. James (Jonathan Groff)! Loved the idea of Rachel dating the lead singer of Vocal Adrenaline. Love it even more now that they are doing it on the sly. Am not so much a fan of the fact that he's playing her, but I have hope that he'll fall for her anyways. She was actually quite normal when she was with him, and they had great chemistry. I was not so much a fan of his v-collar shirt that he wore in his number. Way too effeminate.

And next, we have the Madonna episode. This show is so much fun, regardless of how ridiculous or nonsensical it might get.

No comments:

Post a Comment