Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Season So Far

It's mid October, and while we are still waiting on the premieres and pilots of a few shows - Walking Dead, Chuck, Grimm, Boss, and Once Upon a Time - most of the new series have been on long enough to form an opinion on whether they are worth it.

As previously mentioned, I liked the Playboy Club, although it was the first casualty of the season, but like many other people, I never got past the pilot.

Other shows that I did not bother watching more than one episode of were Unforgettable, Revenge, Charlie's Angels, Person of Interest, Prime Suspect, A Gifted Man, and Hart of Dixie.

I thought Revenge, Charlie's Angels, A Gifted Man, and Hart of Dixie were absolutely atrocious. I'm rather disappointed with the popularity of Revenge, and while I give CW a lot of credit for ordering full seasons to give viewers a better sense of security, Hart of Dixie did not deserve it.

As for the others, I will give Person of Interest special mention. I did not dismiss watching it after the pilot. Indeed, I have the second episode ready to go whenever I want. But with all the other shows on my roster, plus all the old series like the West Wing to catch up on, it just didn't make the cut.

Shows that did make the cut were Ringer, The Secret Circle, Pan Am, Terra Nova, and American Horror Story.

Ringer and The Secret Circle I watch because, well, I like Sarah Michelle Gellar and I like witches. I really need to catch up on Vampire Diaries. I realize I am in my late 20s now, but I still like the same kinds of shows I did when I was 15...and really, I wouldn't mind being 15 again. In some respects.

Pan Am and Terra Nova, while one is a period piece and the other a futuristic-blast-into-the-past dinosaur show, are both just fun. They make me smile and I have a great time while I am watching them. So worth my time.

American Horror Story, the only one of these shows that I watch with my boyfriend, although he did sit through multiple pilots with me, I watch because it is excellent. It is well written, well acted, and well filmed. It's scary as hell (which means that I actually need my man beside me to protect me while watching it), but it is terrific too.

Now, the "old" favourites that I am sticking with are

Castle - which has delivered entertaining mysteries with just a bit of a darker flavour than pervious seasons, as expected;
Big Bang Theory - which is still exactly what a sitcom is supposed to be;
The Mentalist - where I am hoping that Rigsby (Owain Yeoman) and Grace (Amanda Righetti) will get back together this season;
Boardwalk Empire - which is not living up to the standard it set in season 1, but which i am hoping will improve since it has already been renewed for a third season
Dexter - which only disappointed me once, and season 3 is a while ago now

If I could find the time, I would catch up on Vampire Diaries, Supernatural, Fringe, and The Good Wife, as well.

So that is the current overview of what's worth watching out there. Do you share my opinions? Is there a show you can't believe I watch? A show you can't believe I don't watch? Let me know




1 comment:

  1. Informasi Bocoran Untuk Memenangkan Permainan Sabung Ayam Online Klik Di Sini

    Agen Sabung Ayam Online Terbaik Dan Juga Terpercaya http://www.bakarayam.co

    Informasi Terlengkap Mengenai Sabung Ayam

    https://ayambakar33033.wordpress.com/2018/06/21/lebih-dari-satu-ciri-memaparkan-ayam-bangkok-aduan-super-yg-menakutkan/

    http://ayambakar330033.blogspot.com/2018/07/panduan-melatih-sabung-ayam-bangkok.html

    ReplyDelete